This is the definitive guide for anyone who wants to learn best practices for cat guardianship. In addition, the book is designed to help guide novice feline enthusiasts, preparing them for the rewarding experience of sharing their lives with a cat.
101 Tips For Cat Parenting
Experienced aficionados of feline-kind will benefit from reading the book as well since the information contained inside combines long-established knowledge with the most cutting-edge techniques for providing a long and gratifying relationship with a cat – or with several cats. There is always more to learn about these beautiful, mysterious, and soulful creatures.
This book features 101 tips for successful cat parenting, taking the reader from the planning stage for acquiring a new feline family member through the final goodbye, with helpful suggestions sprinkled throughout.
Topics covered include:
• The Why, When, What, Where, Who, and How of adding a cat to your family
• How to ensure you find the best healthcare team for your new family member, emphasizing needs specific to cats
• Which medical procedures and recommendations to expect from veterinary practitioners
• Feline nutrition and how it differs from that of other species
• How grooming and dental care fit into a cat’s health requirements
• The various life stages: Kitten, prime adult, senior, and super-senior, with hallmarks and recommendations for each stage
• End-of-life care for your cat and for you
Let this be your go-to guide for all matters feline. So go have fun with your cat. Meow.
About The Author
Crystal Rector, raised in a feline-loving family, has studied cats since early childhood. Spending her spare time with the many barn cats on the farm where she was raised, she dreamed for years that one day she would photograph them for a living, but instead found herself working in various roles within the veterinary industry for a collective ten years.
Opportunities to take care of veterinary client animals laid the foundation for what would eventually become her full-time business in the Phoenix, Arizona area as Crystal the Pet Nanny. Although she takes care of all kinds of animals, Crystal is a feline specialist and has an exceptional affinity for cats, with a particular interest in behavior and enrichment. This interest led her to earn the Diploma of Distinction in Feline Behavior and Psychology from the Centre of Excellence.
She shares her life with her husband Sean, who keeps her from becoming a crazy cat collector, her dog Stella, three freshwater fish, and her beautiful cat Josie – who is the queen of all she surveys.